Sunday, January 10, 2010

"I always WANTED a DOLLhouse!"

Grandma Debbie and Papa come over this morning for a belated Christmas and brought us a GIGANTIC present wrapped up in the living room nook. When we pulled back the paper, it turned out it was an AMAZING antique dollhouse that looked just like our house! The first thing I said was, "I always WANTED a DOLLhouse!"Grandma Debbie painstakingly restored every last detail from repainting and wallpapering to making furniture as well as sewing the Daddy (who apparently gets to hang out on the homemade couch and enjoy the mini Van Goghs and Cassatts on the wall that hung in Great Grandma Polly's house and read a reproduction of the newspaper of Obama's inauguration from the day we left the hospital with Polly); the Mommy, baby and kitty (homemade table and chairs and bassinet);and two sisters (complete with loveys).
She even hung a copy of the painting of Polly Warner in our living room, numbered it 267 (the compliment of our address 762) and gave us a soft portable dollhouse to take with us on the road!
Whoa. It's a whole new world of "talking the Mommy" and "talking the Grandma" and "talking the..."
Thanks Grandma Debbie! This is AMAZING!

4 comments:

KSGillis said...

Thanks for the great pictures. I'll have to come visit again so I can see the dollhouse. love, Kate

mara harvey said...

This is so cool, what a beautiful gift - I hope that at some point, maybe this summer, we can get all these kids together to hang out! Love to the family, Happy New Year! Mara

ekulik said...

Wow, it's come a long way! Beautiful work, Debbie!!

Unknown said...

Beautiful! Amazing! (I also love the Oakland touch of the toilet in the front yard...)