Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Welcome Baby Polly!!!

The arrival of baby Polly marks a number of major milestones:

1. First, of course, is the arrival itself - born at 4:34am on 1/19/09, 7 lbs 10 oz, 21" long. Polly made her presence known from the get-go, demonstrating her lung power and earning the title of loudest baby of the night from the nursing staff (she has since been nothing but a sleeping and nursing angel). 2. She chose an exciting time to come: Martin Luther King Day, a day before Daddy's birthday, and the eve of the most exciting presidential inauguration in our lifetimes (guess she didn't want to miss it!).
3. Eliza finally has a little sister to play with and look after. She'll be a great big sister and is already enamored with Polly.
4. And finally, our family is now complete. We're overjoyed to officially be a party of four.

3 comments:

KSGillis said...

Best Wishes to the Happy Family! I love the pictures. Can't wait to read all the continuing adventures! Love to you all.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to ALL of you!! How very exciting! She was born on my mom's bday! Happy bday to you Adam. I can't wait to meet her. Pretty soon she will have a new cousin her age to play with. How exciting. Love to all-

Cousin Allison

Anonymous said...

I was wondering if I was going to have to start following two blogs. Thanks for solving that problem!

Congratulations and love,
Aunt Suzy